Have you heard of Meatless Monday? It’s a great way to take care of your health and the health of our beautiful planet. You can find more info at Meatless Monday Canada, or by googling Meatless Monday.
I’ve decided to start a regular weekly post of meals ideas for you to enjoy on Meatless Monday. So join me, try some new recipes, take care of our planet and improve your health!
I thought I would start this week with an old classic that everyone is familiar with and most people like…
Classic Macaroni and Cheese
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces cubed processed cheese food
- In a large pot with boiling salted water cook elbow macaroni until al dente. Drain.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat melt butter or margarine. Whisk flour and stir vigorously. Add milk and cook until thick and bubbly, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add cheeses and stir until completely melted.
- In a large bowl mix together the drained pasta and cheese sauce mixture. Toss to coat evenly.
- Pour into a greased 2 quart casserole dish. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven for 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
(This recipe was taken from Allrecipes.com and can be found here.)
** I like to add garlic to my macaroni and cheese. It gives it a slightly different flavour and adds a bit of zip to it.